You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ejzajac

Sunday, September 19th 2004, 7:57am

Hunter vs Rainbird Sprayers

Interested in opinions on sprayers and nozzles?
1. Is there a significant difference between RB 1800's vs Unispray if one uses RB VANs?
2. Differences of preferences between Hunter SRS vs Pro-Spray again with VANs?
3. Preferences between Hunter vs Rainbird VANs?

jpeter

Monday, September 20th 2004, 4:13am

I use RB 1804 and every once in a while I will use a hunter nozzel. They seem to cover just as good as a RB nozzel.
Don't know if you can go from a RB nozzel to a hunter head because i have never tried it.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Monday, September 20th 2004, 4:28am

UNI sprays are not very durable...1800's are.
Again, the SRS is the same as uni...not as durable as the prospray.

Both of these come with nozzles attached...not very versatile as well as being very easily broken by string trimmer and even water pressure.

Hunter VAN nozzle is not as good as RB Van nozzle...in my opinion. I like the spray pattern on Rainbird much better...but I use the Hunters sometimes too as the spray pattern seems a bit heavier. The Hunter nozzle seems to be more prone to plugging due to small particles of sand or whatever.
Good luck
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 9:15am

Hunter pro series sprays and nozzles.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 7:45pm

I am with Nestors on this one, I would suggest the Hunter Pro series spray heads. Hunter has new nozzles that put the competition to shame. There is a reason Hunter invests millions of dollars into testing laboratories. They really have a great product.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread