You are not logged in.

dzuroff

Sunday, September 19th 2004, 5:27pm

Need Help Choosing Correct Nozzle

I have Rainbird 5000+ rotary heads installed using the rain curtain nozzles. My water is supplied by a well using a flint and walling 2HP pump, however I do not have a pressure gage installed so I have no idea what pressure I am throwing out to the heads. Is there a way to check my pressure without a gage on the pump? Is that the only method to choosing the correct nozzle? I currently have the 2.0 nozzels installed but I am not entirely sure that they are doing the job. I water every other morning for 35 minutes per zone and it seems like I am not getting enough water on the lawn.

jpeter

Monday, September 20th 2004, 4:26am

With the 2.0 in the 5000, you should only have the heads 30ft apart and make sure that you are getting head to head coverage. With that 2 HP pump on a 1" line you probably can run 6 5000 on a line. I wouldn't go over that. One thing to add is that pressure is only a part of the equation, what tells you if you can run heads is GPM. Gallons per Min. Or you can bump up the times.

dzuroff

Monday, September 20th 2004, 8:50am

I have two zones with rotary heads, each zone has 9 heads. The system was already installed when I bought the house so I have to work with what I have. The distance sounds about right and I am getting head to head coverage, but the other thing I noticed is the pattern does not look like the pattern I have seen for the rain current nozzles. I do get a spray but not what I would consider to be a "curtain". Could this have something to do with using the wrong sized nozzles?

Rate this thread