You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dzuroff

Sunday, September 19th 2004, 5:27pm

Need Help Choosing Correct Nozzle

I have Rainbird 5000+ rotary heads installed using the rain curtain nozzles. My water is supplied by a well using a flint and walling 2HP pump, however I do not have a pressure gage installed so I have no idea what pressure I am throwing out to the heads. Is there a way to check my pressure without a gage on the pump? Is that the only method to choosing the correct nozzle? I currently have the 2.0 nozzels installed but I am not entirely sure that they are doing the job. I water every other morning for 35 minutes per zone and it seems like I am not getting enough water on the lawn.

jpeter

Monday, September 20th 2004, 4:26am

With the 2.0 in the 5000, you should only have the heads 30ft apart and make sure that you are getting head to head coverage. With that 2 HP pump on a 1" line you probably can run 6 5000 on a line. I wouldn't go over that. One thing to add is that pressure is only a part of the equation, what tells you if you can run heads is GPM. Gallons per Min. Or you can bump up the times.

dzuroff

Monday, September 20th 2004, 8:50am

I have two zones with rotary heads, each zone has 9 heads. The system was already installed when I bought the house so I have to work with what I have. The distance sounds about right and I am getting head to head coverage, but the other thing I noticed is the pattern does not look like the pattern I have seen for the rain current nozzles. I do get a spray but not what I would consider to be a "curtain". Could this have something to do with using the wrong sized nozzles?

Rate this thread