You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JIMBOM

Monday, September 20th 2004, 3:32pm

Adjustable Heads

In reference to my previous post.....how are Hunter PGJ rotors? I never see them mentioned here, and it looks like they'd fit my problem with the shorter throw.

TMC2004

Monday, September 20th 2004, 3:38pm

What is the distance youre talking about? Ive read the pgj arent that great. Also its ok if the distance over laps a bit. The water at the end of the throw isnt much anyways. Plus when the companies list the distances that the nozzle will cover i subtract 5-6ft. They test indoors with no wind.

JIMBOM

Thursday, September 23rd 2004, 12:57pm

OK, my wife is redesigning some adjoining flower beds so I've got some changes. I want to use mostly rotors, and I've got an area where I only need a 15' throw and was thinking of using Hunter PJG's. Now TMC2004 states that the throw will be 5-6' short because they test indoors - does this mean I can only expect 10' out of these? Also, I need to use some spray nozzles with about a 12' throw and an adjustable arc. I've used the adj Toro 570 series, but they seem to change the arc setting themselves. Are the Hunter PS series good for holding the arc setting? Is there any adjmt on the PS heads for throw?

TMC2004

Thursday, September 23rd 2004, 5:57pm

Id use spray heads for the 15' distance. here is a link on the subject Jim http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/sprinkler15.htm . As far as spray head the rainbird 1800's series are highly spoken of. The nozzles for the 1800, either rainbird or hunter.

Rate this thread