You are not logged in.

gorenchan

Tuesday, April 16th 2002, 9:56am

Where to start

I am looking into a system for a new home we have built. I have a well, not city water to run off of. I have taken a pressure reading off of my outside faucet, with 32 PSI of pressure. I also have a flow rate of 6 GPM. These readings are off of 1/2" copper running to the outside. I plan to run the sprinkler off of the main line for the well which is 3/4" copper. Can I assume that I can run a system based on the information I have, or do I have to tap the 3/4" line and see what the pressure is off of that? My well has a pressure tank that has a valve and when that is pressurizing the well, it reads at 52-55 PSI. I am really confused and don't really know where to start??? HELP...

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 16th 2002, 5:26pm

Do you have a well and city water???

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 17th 2002, 2:57am

Not very much water pressure. The flow is about right but I would seriously consider getting a professional to design this system for you or at least the guys at sprinkler warehouse. If you make a mistake in the design the installation will be a waste of time and money.

good luck

Sprinklersolutions.net

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

gorenchan

Wednesday, April 17th 2002, 5:42am

Quoted

Do you have a well and city water???

We only have a well.

daronson

Thursday, April 18th 2002, 4:04am

I am on a well, along with my whole development. The PSI at the pressurizer in the basement cycles between 37-52 PSI. I have not completed the sprinkler installation yet, but MANY of my neighbors have. They have anywhere from 4-6 heads per zone, use rotor heads shooting 25-35' and have NO problems with water pressure.

mplong

Starting Member

Sunday, May 12th 2002, 3:23pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I am looking into a system for a new home we have built. I have a well, not city water to run off of. I have taken a pressure reading off of my outside faucet, with 32 PSI of pressure. I also have a flow rate of 6 GPM. These readings are off of 1/2" copper running to the outside. I plan to run the sprinkler off of the main line for the well which is 3/4" copper. Can I assume that I can run a system based on the information I have, or do I have to tap the 3/4" line and see what the pressure is off of that? My well has a pressure tank that has a valve and when that is pressurizing the well, it reads at 52-55 PSI. I am really confused and don't really know where to start??? HELP...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Test the pressure and flow at your main line. I recommend viewing the www.jessstryker.com web site. It has excellant information on designing irrigation systems and is not a resale site - purely informational. Goodluck.

Rate this thread