You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

yogibear

Monday, October 4th 2004, 8:30pm

2 Solenoid Valves Controlling one zone

Could 2 solenoid valves be installed to control one zone?

I have old 6-zones sprinkler system that was working fine until recently. Sprinkler heads on half of my right front lawn pop up while the other does not. he zone is working fine when my husband manually turned on the valve. We realized that there could 2 valves controlling one zone. We changed the diaphragm and re-wired it . The same problem still exist.

Help! Half of my lawn is dying.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 5th 2004, 5:02am

huh?

change the solenoid?
check for continuity from timer to solenoid?

If he turns it on manually and it works....probably it is not controlled by another valve..

What happens when you turn it on with the timer? Does solenoid buzz? Is there power at the controller going to that zone?

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

yogibear

Tuesday, October 5th 2004, 6:05am

We have 7 solenoid valves in a 6-zone sprinkler system. That is why I am asking if 2 valves can be installed to control one zone if there are too many sprinkler heads. When the timer kicks on in the morning for that zone, half of the sprinklers pop up; the others does not. I will try what you suggest and see what happens. Thanks

yogibear

Monday, October 25th 2004, 9:48am

Finally decided to change all the valves in that zone. The valves should have been about 6-8 inches apart and 6 inches off the ground depending on where the lowest sprinler head is.

Rate this thread