You are not logged in.

ae7143t

Starting Member

Wednesday, April 17th 2002, 6:01am

Sprinkler leaking

Last year I installed a system using the Toro 340 series sprinklers. When I started the system up this year about 1/2 of the sprinkler units are leaking water around the stem that pops up. Any clues of what is wrong and/or how to fix this problem?

Thanks
Doug

rbgore

Thursday, April 18th 2002, 10:41am

I had a similar problem in one zone using Rainbird rotors heads. The flow rate is marginal and all of the water spilling out around the stem does not allow sufficient pressure to build to cause the heads to pop-up and seal. My problem was fixed by putting a check valve under one of the heads. This causes the pressure to build up a little more at that head before the flow begins. This allowed enough pressure / flow to reach the other heads and cause them to pop-up and seal before the head with the check valve begins to flow. Probably not how you would design it - but cheaper than re-zoning or adding a booster pump...

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 25th 2003, 10:53am

Rainbird Tbird Heads cause the same problem. If they worked last year, before you winterized, then i would check the wiper seal on the sprinkler head, to make sure there is no grit in it, and if so clean it out, the dirt will prevent the head from sealing

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

nestors

Advanced Member

Saturday, June 7th 2003, 7:15am

You might have a Break in your lines .Start capping off your heads and look for bubbling up in the yard.

Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting , Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vincent nestor
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rate this thread