You are not logged in.

12van

Starting Member

Tuesday, November 16th 2004, 5:41am

tko,

When you say use the lower of the two drain valves, are you referring to the lower of the 2 testcocks on the actual Feblo backflow unit, or a drain spigot downstream of the backflow unit? I have a Feblo 765, with the same basic setup as the picture DavidQ posted, but I do not have an drain valve downstream of my backflow unit...just one upstream (in my basement).

It seems like I have a non-standard setup, but I'd like to learn to winterize my system myself. I have a powerful air compressor, so I just want to make sure I hook it up to the right place without damaging the backflow device, my valves, lines and sprinkler heads!

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
12van

DMC

Tuesday, November 16th 2004, 8:16am

After some trial and error, I found that to stop the air from coming out the top, I had to let the pressure build up in the tank to about 50psi or more, then attached the hose. This quick pressure increase caused the valve to close as it would if water was flowing through. I then cycled through the zones. The heads didn't stick straight up but there was enough pressure to blow out the water. Once I connected the hose, the pressure never got much over 25psi, which was barely enought. I don't know the size of the compressor i used (borrowed from neighbor).

DavidQ

Friday, October 7th 2005, 11:35am

I surrendered last year and had a professional come due to a frezze in the forcast. But I want to try again. I have borrowed a good-size compressor and attached to what looks like the only place I can. I believe my setup is noncomforming due to not have a hookup downstream from the value. I let compressor build up to 60psi, set up the autotimer to first zone and attached hose. All I seem to get is air escaping from value release. Any help appreciated.

Rate this thread