You are not logged in.

martinjames10

Starting Member

Wednesday, November 10th 2004, 8:57am

lightning bolt

Several weeks ago a bolt of lightning hit the backyard and since my controller will not allow me to manually open each individual station to blow them out. I had to manually open each valve at the valve box in the ground. I have a controller with the name james hardie irrigation mobel tbi3696. do you think I need to replace the circuit board? is it available as a part?
the clock will allow me to reset it, so i don't think the entire controller is bad. can you advise me what to do to trouble shoot this problem?
Jim Martin

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, December 9th 2004, 8:28am

if it resets then ok ,if it will not replace with a Hunter pro-c
also you might have bad selenoids from the lightning

Nestor's

www.NestorsLandscape.com
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

sanzen96

Friday, March 18th 2005, 10:46pm

your timer is fried. buy a new one. i see it all the time. a pro-c is a good choice.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 19th 2005, 1:24pm

They are right, you would be better off, probably even cheaper, to just buy a new controller than to go hunting for parts for an off brand controller. Thumbs up to the Pro-C as well.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 20th 2005, 6:23am

Lightning is flukey stuff. It is just possible that the strike damaged several (or all) solenoids and/or the wiring, and spared the controller. The wiring should be checked for shorts or open circuits before you declare the timer to be a dead duck. If you live in a heavily lightning prone area, the strictest method to cope is to use hydraulicly controlled valves. A more realistic method is to use an electromechanical controller.

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:11pm

replace with hunter Pro-c and switch out the oud valves for some hunter jar tops while your at it.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread