You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

martinjames10

Starting Member

Wednesday, November 10th 2004, 8:57am

lightning bolt

Several weeks ago a bolt of lightning hit the backyard and since my controller will not allow me to manually open each individual station to blow them out. I had to manually open each valve at the valve box in the ground. I have a controller with the name james hardie irrigation mobel tbi3696. do you think I need to replace the circuit board? is it available as a part?
the clock will allow me to reset it, so i don't think the entire controller is bad. can you advise me what to do to trouble shoot this problem?
Jim Martin

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, December 9th 2004, 8:28am

if it resets then ok ,if it will not replace with a Hunter pro-c
also you might have bad selenoids from the lightning

Nestor's

www.NestorsLandscape.com
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

sanzen96

Friday, March 18th 2005, 10:46pm

your timer is fried. buy a new one. i see it all the time. a pro-c is a good choice.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 19th 2005, 1:24pm

They are right, you would be better off, probably even cheaper, to just buy a new controller than to go hunting for parts for an off brand controller. Thumbs up to the Pro-C as well.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 20th 2005, 6:23am

Lightning is flukey stuff. It is just possible that the strike damaged several (or all) solenoids and/or the wiring, and spared the controller. The wiring should be checked for shorts or open circuits before you declare the timer to be a dead duck. If you live in a heavily lightning prone area, the strictest method to cope is to use hydraulicly controlled valves. A more realistic method is to use an electromechanical controller.

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:11pm

replace with hunter Pro-c and switch out the oud valves for some hunter jar tops while your at it.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread