You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

stauffer

Starting Member

Wednesday, November 10th 2004, 2:15pm

Nelson P/N 3022039 Control Valves

I am attempting to resurrect an older in-ground sprinkler system. I have uncovered three Nelson P/N 3022039 control valves. The existing timer is an old Nelson C-5. My plan would be to replace the timer with a modern unit and use the existing valves assuming they still operate. Are these valves any good? How old are these parts? Any input from the experts? It would appear I have a three zone system. What timer would you recommend? What is the wire lead labeled common on the timer? Is this the 24v positive output to all the valves? The timer is 5 zone capable but looks like only three were used.

Thanks for your expertise.

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, December 9th 2004, 8:15am

Replace Clock and Valves with Hunter Pro-C Timer and HPV Valves ,check the wires on existing valves and see the wire that is used as the common and locate it @ the existing Timer there you go.

Nestor's Sprinklers And Lighting
Roswell,Ga.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rate this thread