You are not logged in.

vazquezjp

Wednesday, December 1st 2004, 11:15am

Finding & Replacing gaskets for Toro 3/4" valve

Anyone know how to obtain gaskets that go in a Toro 53285 3/4" anti-siphon valve?
They go under the ABP(AVP)??? cap. Mine sat too long and cracked and fell apart. I have looked very hard but no store seems to carry them.

Thanks
Jason
Jason

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Wednesday, December 8th 2004, 3:38am

sorry....I'm not sure you can purchase parts for them anymore....when I was in the supply industry in 1993, we were running out of parts for them.....crappy valve.

ASV cap! LOL

Better off replacing the unit.....good luck
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

vazquezjp

Wednesday, December 8th 2004, 6:45am

That bites. What amouts to a $1 part, now I need to buy a $12 dollar valve to fix.
I feel like a sucker.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SprinklerGuy</i>
<br />sorry....I'm not sure you can purchase parts for them anymore....when I was in the supply industry in 1993, we were running out of parts for them.....crappy valve.

ASV cap! LOL

Better off replacing the unit.....good luck
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Jason

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, December 9th 2004, 8:30am

just replace valve and be sure nothing else will go wrong.

Nestor's
Georgia
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

mackdss

Starting Member

Monday, May 1st 2006, 1:44pm

This is a very old thread but I too have come accross this same problem. I called Toro today and they are sending me four gaskets for my valves( TORO 53285 ) that they claim have been improved and should last. They also said they will continue to carry them for years down the road. It is a known problem for this valve. I like this valve since it has a union in the middle for easy removal. Hope this helps anybody looking for this part.

Rate this thread