You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Fatelvis

Thursday, December 2nd 2004, 12:56pm

Horse arena watering!

Heres one I betcha never heard!! I just was "recruited" to take on the project of installing a watering system for an indoor arena for horse lessons and horse shows. There is no grass, just a sandy, peagravel/dirt mix that needs an intermittant LIGHT watering to keep dust down. I want to hang the system just below the roof joists at a 14 foot elevation above the ground for clearance. The arena is 57'X 151'. There is a puny 3/4" water feed coming into the stable, and I think it is at 45PSI. I was thinking of making a resevoir out of a 55 gallon drum to supply a sprinkler pump, to operate the heads with the appropriate water volume and pressure. Any help on types of heads, placement, etc., would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Tom

Supreme Member

Monday, December 6th 2004, 10:09am

you'll need a much bigger reservior

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, December 9th 2004, 7:54am

We have done this before , but we used rotors on stand pipe on corners of ring it worked very well run them for 20 minutes about 30 minutes before ring use

Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rate this thread