You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

latitude11

Starting Member

Saturday, January 22nd 2005, 12:33pm

another valve location question

I'm in the initial phase of planning a home in Mexico. I have two questions about burying the valves in a plastic enclosure:

1. If I locate the valves underground in an enclosure, I'm sure the powder fine sand will still migrate through the seams somewhat and partially bury the valve. Will being buried in fine sand cause any problems with valve function?

2. Critters, like burrowing mice/gophers get into the boxes by burrowing under them to make a nest. For some reason these creatures love to eat wires insulation. Has anyone had a similar problem and what did you do to protect the valve wires from creatures that love to gnaw on the insulation?

I'm considering locating the valves inside a utility room. Would there be any downside to locating the valves inside a building? I could design a drain in the floor in case there are any leaks.

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 19th 2005, 5:13pm

1. Buried valves are only a problem if you have to repair them.

2. Critters do occasionally make themselves home in a valve box. The odds of it happening usually aren't such that it would make sense to be locating valves indoors in a specially constructed utility room. Indoor valves can't be repaired from outside, which is usually where'd you'd want the repairman to be working.

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 8:17am

That's Fine to put them in a Control room just make sure you install a Master Valve to stop all water @ Main

Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 14th 2005, 5:04am

Dont think you'll have to worry too much about giving a repairman access to your house in Mexico eh? If there is a market for sprinkler repair in your neighborhood in Mexico and it is beachfront, please let me know so that I can relocate. Thank you! LOL.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread