You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ejzajac

Tuesday, February 15th 2005, 8:10am

Designing manifold

1. Any standard guidelines for spacing between PVC T's (1") for a valve manifold using irritrol 1 " valves?
2. Reccomendations for number of valves (1") in standard box, jumbo box?
3. Preferences between threaded vs. slip on valves?

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 3rd 2005, 5:02pm

Generally you can fit one standard valve in the 6" circular valve boxes. The jumbo boxes I believe you are talking about are the 12" rectangular boxes, and I wouldn't put more than 4 valves inside that. The spacing is really your discretion, but I would leave enough room so that maintenance on the valves isn't a pain in the rear. I would also suggest the threaded valves over the slip on, strictly because if a valve goes bad and you need to service or replace it, you're not having to cut out the slip on valve in an already cramped valve box. With the threaded you can just unscrew it.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 9:06am

Put one in a 6" box , two in a 12" box this will give you room if you need to repair later on .
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rate this thread