You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dustyroad

Starting Member

Wednesday, February 16th 2005, 6:10am

Fix Old Spray system

My front yard has a developer installed sprinkler system, installed 12 years ago, that worked ok until I had to install several new sprinklers and all new valves.

Now I can not get enough pressure to raise the sprinklers to full height and to cover the needed area on one line.

The old sprinklers were of the no name commercial type. I intalled Toro 570 series. The new valves are Orbit. All lines without newly installed sprinklers work ok on the new valves.

There are 10 sprinklers on 3/4 inch line. Three are 1/2 pattern, one is 1/4 pattern and six are full pattern.

I assume my problem is due to the new Toro sprinklers, e.g. they use a larger volume of water and therefore have a greater pressure drop.

Is there a sprinler line that specializes in low volume with good radius like my original sprinklers?

Or any other ideas for fixing the problem? I sure don't want to give up my golf and have to start digging trenches.

Thanks
Dusty

Rate this thread