You are not logged in.

David

Wednesday, August 25th 2004, 8:36am

sprinkler heads

After measuring my yard I will need roughly 44 rotors and 15 sprays to do the job. I am installing a sprinkler system on 3 sides of my house and watering about 60 feet in depth on all 3 sides. My well head is on the side of my house so I think I may tap into the line there and run both ways to limit the water travel. My deep well is set at 68/48 psi and my dry and wet test show me at about 12gpm. I think I am going to use the Hunter PGB rotors and try for about a 30' spacing on the 44 rotors. I have several Optima UCR-1 pop up rotor heads I purchased a few years back and never installed them. They are pretty big and look to be commercial grade. I have 20 of them. They have a 3/4 inch female inlet and at 35 psi use 3.5 gpm. At 3.5 gpm I can only get about 4 of them on a zone. That's a lot of zones? should I ditch the Optimas or ?

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 25th 2004, 1:00pm

Not sure what to say about the optimas but you will probably be able to get 6 heads per zone with the hunters. That will still work out to be 7 to 8 zones. May be try to ebay the optimas.
Thanks,

Pete

nestors

Advanced Member

Tuesday, September 14th 2004, 7:10pm

yes drop that inferior head (optima)
44 heads sounds like you have about 30 zones ,whats up?

Nestors

www.nestorslandscape.com

ga.,alpharetta
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

jpeter

Friday, September 17th 2004, 4:04am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by David</i>
<br />After measuring my yard I will need roughly 44 rotors and 15 sprays to do the job. I am installing a sprinkler system on 3 sides of my house and watering about 60 feet in depth on all 3 sides. My well head is on the side of my house so I think I may tap into the line there and run both ways to limit the water travel. My deep well is set at 68/48 psi and my dry and wet test show me at about 12gpm. I think I am going to use the Hunter PGB rotors and try for about a 30' spacing on the 44 rotors. I have several Optima UCR-1 pop up rotor heads I purchased a few years back and never installed them. They are pretty big and look to be commercial grade. I have 20 of them. They have a 3/4 inch female inlet and at 35 psi use 3.5 gpm. At 3.5 gpm I can only get about 4 of them on a zone. That's a lot of zones? should I ditch the Optimas or ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

jpeter

Friday, September 17th 2004, 4:09am

With the amoutnt of gpm you are getting you will be able to run 6 Rain Bird 5000 Or a comparable hunter head. This should cut down on your zones. Make sure to use head to head coverage and space the 5000 about 29-30 feet apart.

Rate this thread