You are not logged in.

kansas

Thursday, March 31st 2005, 12:07pm

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL ??

This is my VERY FIRST TIME to have a sprinkler system and I know very little about it,(it's in Overland park Kansas) I had a company come out to my house and they gave me the following for $3000, can you guys please let me know if it's a good deal or should I keep shopping ? :
1)To install a fully automatic Rain Bird Lawn Sprinkler System.
2)RainBird ESP 7 Mi controller
3)RainBird DVF 100 (7) zone valves.
4)RainBird PGA 100 (1) master valve.

The following make and approximate number of heads will be installed for head to head coverage:
26 4" Rain Bird 5000 Plus Rotors
6 4" 1800 PRS Spray Heads

5)All sprinkler heads shall be attached by using flexible swing pipe.
6)Eagle tough Turf Irrigation Pipe shall be used for all lateral and feeder lines.
7)A 1" Watts DCVA backflow prevention device shall be installed to meet city and/or water district code.
8)An "as built" drawing of the lawn sprinkler system will be provided.
9)All lawn areas to be restored to an "as before" condition.
10)Outside tap where possible.

Warranty:

The following Rain Bird products carry a 5 year manufacturer's warranty to the original purchaser: T-Bird Series Rotors, 5000 Series Rotors and 1800 Series Pop-up Spray Heads. All other Rain Bird Turf Products carry a 3 year warranty. All Hunter Turf Products carry a 2 year manufacturer's warranty. These companies warrant their products to be free of defects in material or workmanship under normal use. Eagle Tough Turf Irrigation Pipe carries a Lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. All systems carry a 1 year unconditional warranty on parts and labor not covered under manufacturer's warranty.

Warranty does not cover damage to the system by property owner or other persons. Damage due to winterization by anyone other than Pro H2O, Inc., or their representative, will void all warranties. Pro H2O, Inc. is not responsible for damage to above ground backflow devices caused by improper draining or neglecting to drain by homeowner, when the temperature drops below freezing. Damage to system by lightening is not covered by warranty

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 2nd 2005, 11:56am

I don't directly deal with the Rain-Bird systems, but I know what the parts prices are, and that seems like a decent deal. The warranty looks pretty solid. I would shop around and get at least three estimates. Ask for references and make sure everything you are getting is in writing. Head to head coverage is a must, as well as a backflow prevention device. Good luck with your system

Tony
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 4th 2005, 3:40pm

Item number seven might be changed. It isn't rated for protection against toxic backflow. Two alternatives rated for toxic backflow exist for lawn sprinkler systems. On flat ground, a Pressure Vacuum Breaker could be specified in place of the Watts DCVA (double check valve assembly) - on hilly ground, where parts of the sprinkler system are higher in elevation than the plumbing, the device of choice would be a RPZ (reduced pressure zone) backflow preventer. Slowly, but surely, the double check valve assembly is falling out of favor. Even an older installation, that complied with yesterday's code, might need to be upgraded, when and if the code gets changed. You might as well start out with backflow prevention rated for toxic service.

Rate this thread