You are not logged in.

coorsflash

Starting Member

Tuesday, May 3rd 2005, 7:43pm

Should I even bother installing a system

Here's the deal, I have a relatively small back yard. about 700 square feet, broken up by a brick patio. I am just about to put down all new sod and am thinking about putting in a small sprinkler system. Here's the dilema. The main comes in all the way on the other side of the house so I don't want to have to run piping all the way around the house and on the inside the piping is 3/4" off the meter but then gets reduced to 1/2" pipes, [?], why I don't know. I have a hose bib running out to the back yard and would like to tap into that if possible. My question is since it's not a large area I'm looking to water (maybe 2 sprinkler heads) do you think I'd have enough pressure to make this work or is it not worth the effort. I'm kind of new at this so I hope I left enough info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 8th 2005, 4:18pm

That 1/2" line is standard for indoor plumbing as far as sinks, showers, and outside faucets go...and a 1/2" line is not going to cut it for a sprinkler system, If you are going through the effort of installing a sprinkler system, I would make sure you do it right, which probably means running a line around the house.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread