You are not logged in.

Tuesday, July 12th 2011, 3:31pm

Yep, went to the city engineering dept. and dashed all hopes of this "One-Zone" sprinkler system. Separate meter plus impact fee plus tap fee would have set me back $1500... all before even laying one irrigation pipe.

I am now into my second reading of the irrigation tutorial and understanding more and more with every reading. And, after ya'lls superb comments, I have decided to go with a standard system plugged into the house supply before it gets to the house's PRV. The city says I have about 120 psi at and after the 5/8" meter and cautioned me not to exceed 12gpm (this forum answered my questions as to "why not" so I will also design around that flow).

So, after a $20 permit I will have a plumber tee off the main line to the house, install the city's required RPV back flow and a hose bib (bib for an accurate measure of flow and pressure avaliable for irrigation). My next question is: Should I have the plumber install a pressure reducer before or after the hose bib? In the attached sketch I have the PRV after the hose bib. WWWBD? .....What would Wet Boots do?
Frankiebee has attached the following file:
  • POC sm.JPG (19.11 kB - 6 times downloaded - Last download: Jul 15th 2011, 3:49pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 12th 2011, 4:38pm

You could install a Wilkins BR4 pressure reducer UPSTREAM of the RPZ, and gain a benefit that way.

Rate this thread