You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 6921 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 8 posts

Tuesday, June 7th 2005, 1:23pm

by bobw

I'd suggest you think in more detail on your plan. The work involved to screw the top cap off of a rotor and replace the guts is not that much different than the work required to dig up a head and replace the whole thing. If you're willing to replace the whole head instead of just the guts, you can then choose whichever head best meets your needs rather than compromising on something that will fit the old Nelson body.

Tuesday, June 7th 2005, 8:17am

by Struz

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RidgeRun05</i>
<br />I am not sure about the different widths, but I do know that I have replaced many of the 6000 series rotors with PGP heads. Not all 4" rotor have a standard width, but the Nelson 6000 and the PGP should be the same.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks Tony.

[:)]

Tuesday, June 7th 2005, 7:10am

by RidgeRun05

I am not sure about the different widths, but I do know that I have replaced many of the 6000 series rotors with PGP heads. Not all 4" rotor have a standard width, but the Nelson 6000 and the PGP should be the same.

Monday, June 6th 2005, 9:43am

by drpete3

Someone else was telling me that they liked their nelson heads and that they have a 5 year warranty vs 2 year on the hunter pgp which is what I am currently uising. Sorry I dont have your answer.

Monday, June 6th 2005, 9:12am

by Struz

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drpete3</i>
<br />Sorry I dont know your answer for sure but was wondering why you want a different brand. Trouble??

Head is leaking at seal.
I had heard that Nelson heads weren't that good.
Even if I was to replace it with another Nelson head, is there different widths of Nelson heads ?

Monday, June 6th 2005, 9:09am

by Struz

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drpete3</i>
<br />Sorry I dont know your answer for sure but was wondering why you want a different brand. Trouble??

I had heard that Nelson heads weren't that good.
Even if I was to replace it with another Nelson head, is there different widths of Nelson heads ?

Monday, June 6th 2005, 8:34am

by drpete3

Sorry I dont know your answer for sure but was wondering why you want a different brand. Trouble??

Monday, June 6th 2005, 8:28am

by Struz

Widths of Rotors ?

Are the widths of 4 inch rotors all a standard width are they all different widths ?

I have Nelson 6000 rotors that I want to replace. I want to leave the body and just unscrew the head and replace it with a different brand.

Thanks.