You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 6532 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 6 posts

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 6:04pm

by xpedient

I would replace all of the Rainbird maxipaws with Hunter PGP-ATRs. These are hunter heads that will fit in the maxipaw casing. All you need is the rainbird tool to remove the internal assembly of the maxipaw, and then you will be able to install the Hunter PGP which has good precip/sq. inch - they are also more efficient in terms of rotating, so they will be able to run off lower PSI and GPM.

Saturday, June 17th 2006, 12:13am

by OscarNav

Take it from me (Had Maxi Paws) and was disgusted with them. Same problem, Failed to trip the return, even on the sensitive setting. Took them all out, Ebayed them and replaced with RB 5000 Plus gear drives, AWESOME head, nice rain curtain tech, SAM filters if needed, and the MPR nozzles are a must....I have had REALLY good luck at 30' (foot) spacing at about 43-50 psi. As a matter of fact, i'm expanding my system and adding three more zones composed of these rotor heads as we speak, (type). I'm sure MANY on this and other site will recommend these heads.

Thursday, June 1st 2006, 8:41am

by jstaubin

I have a whole slew of Maxi Paws throughout my yard and the common problem they have is failure to rotate around. They tend to get stuck. Does anyone know if there is a simple cure for this or should a switch the ones that stick to a different brand? I wonder which other brands are interchangeable with the same size fitting? Anyone know?

Sunday, May 21st 2006, 8:49am

by Wet_Boots

One head. Try replacing one head at first, and only one head. That way, you will avoid wasting material if you happen to have a system that won't give you proper coverage with anything other than Maxipaws. (because a Maxipaw will spray further at low pressures than the gear-drive rotors you want to replace them with)

Sunday, May 21st 2006, 4:27am

by SprinklerGuy

No...the PGP can do that, but the 5004 cannot...but no worries, that 5004 is such a great head that the extra work involved in changing them out is well worth it!

Let us know if you need help AFTER you dig them up.

Saturday, May 20th 2006, 7:39pm

by riverrat

Maxi-Paws

I currently have maxi-paws in use on my sprinkler system and was wondering if I wanted to change to the 5004's is there an adapter available to place them in the housing of the maxi's or do I have to dig them up and replace the whole housing?
Thanks,
Gene