You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Friday, May 29th 2009, 7:32pm

Author: zendog13

Faulty Diaphragm

Used the bleed screw test. Other two worked fine. So that's the culprit. Since I'm on a budget, I need to do this on the cheap. If I can simply buy a new diaphragm and swap it out, that's for me. Question is, where do I find these parts? Is this a big-box item or a specialty store. I'm in LA, so there's plenty of both. Finally, if I take this route, am I in any way asking for trouble down the line? (In other words, am I being too cheap?) Would a whole new valve assembly be the way to go? And tha...

Friday, May 29th 2009, 2:56pm

Getting Closer

Thanks for the tip! So the water is NOT gushing. So, can I replace the diaphragm on this model? Does anyone know? Should I try swapping out the solenoid again just for kicks? What's the smartest move here for the long run?

Friday, May 29th 2009, 11:33am

Gimme a Break

A break is what my logic is telling me as well. After hours of running, I've yet to find the location, but the tragedy is that the likely place is under a newly installed stone patio! (How screwed will I be then!) One question though: what about the "whooshing" sound at the valve? None of the others do that. Is that something that would be caused by a break further down the line? Here's a picture of the valve. Like I said, Richdel 3/4". I don't see a model number anywhere. I don't know if you ca...

Thursday, May 28th 2009, 11:45am

Valve Mystery

Okay, here goes. Five years ago we bought a house w/ a 3-zone Richdel system. The analog controller is so old I think it was once used by Moses. We turned the system off when we bought the place and waited until we could turn our attention to the back yard landscaping (after 5 years of interior refurb...another story). In first attempts to re-start, 2 of the three zones are fine. The third is not working. I don't have a tester, but I rigged a cheap-o activator w/ 3 9-volt batteries. Nothing. Jus...