You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Thursday, January 19th 2012, 2:08pm

Author: kronic24601

head to head, always needed?

I'm doing head to head on the main lawn, but there is a strip of grass on the other side of the sidewalk. It is 7'x70' or so. I really want to use those special "strip MP rotators" however, their maximum distance is 5' (6' depending on PSI). If I line them up they won't quite get to each of the heads and will be off by about 2 feet on each side. Will this be a big deal? Is there an alternative strip style design that goes up to 7 feet? I'm trying to avoid having to use 2-3x the number of heads h...

Monday, January 9th 2012, 12:17pm

Super High PSI ... moderetly low GPM?

LADWP Says 1" Meter MAX - 189 PSI MIN - 122 PSI ... so I guess I'm not crazy after-all... time to get a pressure reducer ...

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 12:24pm

Thanks for everyone's responses. I'll contact the water district (Los Angeles Department of Water and Power) and see what they have to say ... hopefully I'll be able to speak to a human. By the way, the elevation grade on my home would be something very minimal... is there an easy way to measure this or is "eye-balling" good enough?

Sunday, January 1st 2012, 12:59am

I figured 17 GPM was good ... but since the PSI was so high I thought maybe it would drop with a regulator. I should have mentioned that although the current system is primarily galvanized, I'm redoing the whole system. So it' will be copper to the house and PVC for everything else. Still working on the plan. As far as the PSI goes, I've used 2 different gauges run on every unregulated faucet. The static PSI is 175 for sure, even when I open up another faucet all the way on the same line it only...

Saturday, December 31st 2011, 4:42pm

Setup: PSI = 175 GPM = 17 (bucket test) / 18 chart Total Grass Sq/feet = 3500 Meter is at the street and runs 1" copper to the home, comes up, then goes down to 3/4 copper after a shut off valve. Then splits off, 1 to the unregulated sprinklers/hose system; 1 to a Wilkins 600 pressure regulator to the home. Current system is all galvanized up to the valves and after is mostly schedule 40 PVC. Since the 3/4" pipe where I would splice the sprinkler into would be less than 5 feet in length, I plan ...