You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Monday, July 4th 2011, 9:02am

Author: chris1434

Filter installation help needed

Thank you. I will order it today. I am curious though...is there a problem with mounting it at a slight downward angle (maybe 20 or 30 degrees) as opposed to vertically? I assumed the water has to go thru the filter no matter what angle and I would just have to make sure the angle was sufficient for all the water to flow out of the drain. Thanks again for the quick responses. I am new to the site but spent a few hours on it and have already learned a lot.

Sunday, July 3rd 2011, 6:54pm

Thanks. I have not seen any instructions yet. Will they state it should be mounted vertically? It is almost 16" long so i was trying to figure out an easy way to see/clean the filter. I am in the deep south so freezing isn't really an issue. Could I tee up above ground, install the filter and then tee back down? Would that cause a loss in pressure or flow? It would not be easily seen so that isn't a problem.

Sunday, July 3rd 2011, 6:01pm

I am adding a filter to my sprinkler system. Since installing the system I have had a problem with sand stopping up the pop up heads. The water source is a shallow well. The lines are 1" and I was told the pump provides around 20 gpm. The T style filters I have been looking at are fairly long with a drain on the bottom. If I install a 1-1/2" filter, will I get a higher flow rate? I don't want to lose any volume and minimal pressure. Also, can I mount the filter almost horizontal (tilted slightly...