You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Monday, September 4th 2006, 6:22am

Author: bmckinle

overheating transformer on a GFI circuit

Disconnecting the suspect solenoids and all from the transformer and isolating it will definiting tell me if something in the controller unit is bad. Good idea. All heavy gauge wiring in yard (100's of feet though---.6 acre lot). I thought there might be a fuse on the controller itself (uh, most devices like this would have one). I agree that the GFI circuit is not the problem. Anyway, since I posted this an irrigation hand came on and checked all zones (worked of course) and said the transforme...

Friday, September 1st 2006, 6:41pm

Author: bmckinle

overheating transformer on a GFI circuit

My GFI keeps popping with a Hunter Pro-C (15 zones) plugged into it--and nothing else on the circuit drawing power. Electrician claimed there was a ground wire not connected (faulted). Found one on the circut and the GFI worked for a while. Now the problem is back, so I've tried another GFI circuit in the garage to eliminate the original circuit as the problem altogether. Now the electrician says the controller should not be on a GFI (hum??), rather it should be on a non-GFI'd circuit. Throughou...