You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 12:22pm

Author: Karl

Intentionally faulty installation? Heads coming unscrewed...

Quoted from "mrfixit" What happens when you screw them back in. Can you pull them out suggesting bad fittings? Maybe they over tightened them cracking the fittings? All threads were in perfect condition, except for being filled with the local clay as a result of being completely unscrewed. No stripped threads, no cross-threaded connections, just 3/4" threads with only one thread-engagement, or, zero-thread engagement. They cleaned-up fine and the heads were re-installed and work fine. I'm just ...

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 2:57pm

Quoted from "Mitchgo" Whats the water pressure to the system? High pressure is the usually the cause of this The nozzles on the spray heads are extremely small threads..There are times with high enough pressure to pop off the nozzle of the spray head but not damage the threads. No, I'm not talking about the nozzles unscrewing themselves, but rather the 3/4" pipe threads at the base of each sprinkler head. It would take about 10 turns of the head body to remove it from its riser-pipe...in all ca...

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 1:32pm

I have been servicing a friend's residential irrigation system...it was installed using poly pipe via vibratory plow, and has a variety of spray and rotor heads, all Hunter brand. The problem is that about 50% of the heads have become unscrewed from their riser pipes...that means about 10 turns to completely unscrew the head. I might possibly understand that a rotor head could eventually unscrew itself due to rotational torque, but since they rotate in both directions, that torque would seem to ...