You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Thursday, June 2nd 2005, 4:07am

Author: mjpetersen

Wire Size - Long Runs

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RidgeRun05</i> <br />I would put in expansion coils every 100 feet or so, this way, reguardless of where you place your valves, you should be alright. Ideally, you want the expansion coil at the valve, but if you are unsure of where you are placing your valves, go for the next best thing. Like Wetboots said, if you are using modern valves, 18 GA wire a...

Wednesday, June 1st 2005, 3:57pm

Wire Size - Long Runs

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i> <br />Use 14 gauge single conductor for your common wire, and you can get by with 18 gauge multi-conductor for the zone valves. This will even work for older valves with higher current draw. (modern valves might get by with all 18 gauge) Do yourself a giant favor and try to limit the distance between valve boxes to 100 feet.http://edis.if...

Wednesday, June 1st 2005, 10:42am

Wire Size - Long Runs

I am trenching and running pipe on my farm this Friday. Some of the runs are 1,000 feet long. What size controller wire should I put in the ground for runs that long? Where can I found out what the rules are for size and length? Thanks. Martin Petersen