You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 9:39am

Author: rlerner

Zone(s) stuck open, replaced valves - no luck. Now what?

Thanks for the ideas. I did replace what were believed to be the offending valves, so I know they're not stuck open. My system has a main trunk, with 6 valves in individual boxes as the trunk goes down the lawn. The valves in zones 1 & 6 are stuck open. After replacing those two valves (which didn't change anything), I tried switching the wires at the controller for zones 5 & 6. Then turned on zone 1, and zone 6 was still open (although it was now connected to zone 5 at the controller). So I fee...

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 3:24pm

Author: rlerner

Zone(s) stuck open, replaced valves - no luck. Now what?

I have a 6-zone system. When I started up this spring, zone 6 would not shut off. Opened valve, cleaned out, reassembled. Worked fine for one or two cycles, then same problem. Then zone 1 began to exhibit same problem. System is 13 years old, so I got 2 new Rainbird 100DV valves and replaced them. Surprised and a little irritated to find I still have the same problem. I'm thinking this must now be either a controller issue or a short somewhere in the system. Any thoughts for troubleshooting woul...