You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Sunday, September 12th 2010, 9:25am

Author: jmricker

Installing automatic drain valve

In my order with Sprinkler Warehouse, I picked up one of these Automatic Flush Valves from DIG. I didn't find any information on installing it on the DIG website so I thought I would check before putting it in. Looks to me like I could just install it in the line pointing down at a low point in the system. I guess I'll need to also put it in some sort of drain field (crushed rock and the like). Is that the right idea? Also, whats the chances of these failing? Should I be prepared to dig this bac...

Sunday, September 12th 2010, 9:14am

tying into pexhose

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" ='http://www.pep-plastic.com/manufacturers/Zurn/qestpex/Qest_QickTite.htm']Qicktite compression fittings I don't like the plastic compression fittings -- for best results check with a plumbing supply house and get a brass compression fitting. You'll also need a plastic furl for any connection that will be on plastic pipe. re: Shark Bite fittings. One of the plumbing supply houses in my area has been carrying Shark Bite fittings since they came on the market. A couple of ...

Sunday, September 12th 2010, 9:02am

Purple Primer used instead of 'glue".

I've seen pipe put together with just primer that you just can't get apart. He may have mistaken that for a glued joint. As a plumber I've seen this happen a time or two (people in haste primer a joint but forget to glue). Of course they eventually leak - thats how we discover that they were not glued in the first place. Another thought crossed my mind -- the neighbor isn't confusing purple primer for blue glue is he? Joel