You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Thursday, May 13th 2004, 11:10am

Author: jtaylor

why not water the sidewalk?

I agree with RVLI. Reasons why not: #1 It waste the customer's money!!! #2 POOR DESIGN #3 It is against some state & city codes. Austin will actually fine installers for putting heads new the curbs and run off. With all the water conservation efforts you will start seeing even more codes / regulations. For example, Dallas is about to start mandating rain censors.

Thursday, May 13th 2004, 11:05am

Question on Gallons Per Minute

Although you do have good psi, you can only flow 10gpm b/c of the pipe size is only 3/4 inch. This is your bottle neck. You are right it will cost more $$$ if you only run 10gpm b/c of the number of zones. Tip: Tap into the service line right after the meter with a large pipe -- say 1" or 1 1/4" 200 PVC. Then run it to a backflow (please remember to put the back flow where neighbors can't see it). This will let you increase to around 18-22 gpm since you can run faster & more gpms through bigger ...

Thursday, May 13th 2004, 10:59am

Question on Gallons Per Minute

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GCRoberts</i> <br />I'm trying to be as scientific as possible on my design. I've spent time over at irrigationtutorials. com. Obviously the guy that runs that site seems to have a plethora of knowledge. Hey....I think that's the first time I've ever used plethora in a sentence!!! Anyways, for my 3/4" copper supply line going to a 5/8" water meter, irr...