You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Wednesday, May 12th 2021, 10:15pm

Author: ggratecc

Burial depth of 1/2 inch tubing - squirrel problem

Hi all, Just took over a large commercial property with much 1/2" drip emitter tubing; most is buried , but some is not. The problem I am trying to solve is squirrels chewing many holes in the tubing. Is there a burial depth I should consider to eliminate the squirrels chewing holes to get to the water? Perhaps 4"? This is the greater Los Angeles area. Thanks in advance, Greg

Sunday, May 9th 2021, 10:17am

PGV 1"

Mr. Fixit, Thanks for all your feedback! It supplies a 1/2" drip line with pressure reducer, however the tubing has many leaks right now. I'm trying to fix the valve first. I'll go back and try venting the air like you said. Greg

Saturday, May 8th 2021, 9:34pm

Hunter PGV 1 inch in-line - Won't shutoff completely

Hi, I've been repairing/replacing several of these PGV 1" valves (square top) lately. When valve is leaking - thru all the time, I replace just the top half (if body and seat looks good). My problem is, about half the time I do this, the valve still leaks thru the seat. I am very careful the rubber diaphram is lined up properly with solenoid, but still no joy. Any ideas? Greg

Thursday, January 21st 2021, 5:04pm

solved

mrfixit, I followed your advice...the valve body had a long hairline crack in the valve seat! Replaced with new complete valve for $69 (it is the filter type). No leak through. On to the next leak... Greg Quoted from "ggratecc" Quoted from "mrfixit" I'm not a fan of the Hunter solenoid. Yes a bad solenoid can cause seepage. Also there could be a hairline crack in the valve body or seat. Check it with a flashlight. Look and look very closely. Put your glasses on. lol Look at the old diaphragm if ...

Friday, January 15th 2021, 8:18pm

Hunter icv leaking through

Quoted from "mrfixit" I'm not a fan of the Hunter solenoid. Yes a bad solenoid can cause seepage. Also there could be a hairline crack in the valve body or seat. Check it with a flashlight. Look and look very closely. Put your glasses on. lol Look at the old diaphragm if you have it. See if there isn't a tiny raised line going across it where it touches the seat. About the width of a piece of paper or two, from where it was pressing on a hairline crack. Or look for pits in the diaphragm. Look a...

Friday, January 15th 2021, 10:50am

Hunter icv leaking through

Good morning, Recently been asked to help troubleshoot and repair some Hunter ICV valves. problem is a 1" Hunter ICV had a constant flowthrough (could hear the flow and see yard flooding in drip irrigation). I bought a new complete valve at Ewing Irrigation and replaced the entire top of the valve, except I reinstalled the original (old) solenoid. Turned the water back on, and it still leaks through about the same! I didn't see any obvious damage to the valve body seat. Any advice as what to do ...