You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are even more results, please redefine your search.

Yesterday, 11:02pm

Author: mrfixit

Zone Leak

That leak should be easy to find. It's near the mushy area. You could turn off all the nozzles with a screwdriver. Watch for the flooding. Maybe let the ground dry up for a day first. I find it easier to turn the nozzles off while the sprinklers are running. Then again, I don't mind getting wet.

Monday, November 1st 2021, 11:17pm

Hunter X Core indoor controller Dial issue

That glitch is going to be permanent. You've already reset the controller to no avail. The controller will most likely work but how reliable is impossible to say. They're easy enough to replace. I don't know which model you have but they have a great price on the 6 station outdoor. x-core < Click.

Wednesday, October 27th 2021, 5:40pm

Leak in system but conflicting information from "pro."

Ok, maybe I misunderstood. If that ball valve shuts off the leak, then the problem is obviously after the new shut off valve. If a sprinkler valve was letting water get by it, the water would be coming out of a sprinkler head somewhere. Look for a wet spot. Since the valves are cemented in, you might have a problem on your hands. The leak could be at the bottom of the pipe leading to the garden faucet. The leak could be anywhere really. That main line is under pressure 24/7. It's not necessarily...

Wednesday, October 27th 2021, 2:45pm

Leak in system but conflicting information from "pro."

If a new ball valve was installed which turns the water supply off to the entire sprinkler system and that hose bib in the backyard, then the problem isn't with the valves. From what you've described, I'd look between the water meter and the house. A lot of times I'll find a lead where the plastic PVC mainline from the street attaches to the copper pipe going into the house. It's one place to look. Look around for dampness or a wet spot or a mushy spot between the meter and the rest of the syste...

Wednesday, October 13th 2021, 1:45am

One Station Turns On After Another One Finishes...HELP!

Is station 4 also running when 9 comes on or is it just 9 alone? What happens when you turn station 4 on manually with the controller?

Friday, September 3rd 2021, 6:12pm

pgp I 20

I don't know. I've never tried it. Looking at pictures of the replacement seals I'd say no. The PGP is black and the I-20 is white. But, I found this, "The Hunter part number for the Seal Kit, which includes 10 riser seals and spring seat, for the PGP, PGP Ultra and I20-12 is #253400. The part number for the seal only for the PGP, PGP Ultra and I20-12 is 181500. The part numbers for the seal only for the I-20 is 252500." I guess you wont know until you try it.

Sunday, August 29th 2021, 4:36pm

Trouble with 2 zones

Ok, more suggestions. I would turn the flow control down a bit on number 6. Maybe it's sticking on. Since there's no number 7, I would program number 7 to run for 2 minutes giving number six time to turn off before 8 comes on. If there's a wire hooked up to number 7, disconnect it. Some timers can be programmed to have a delay between valves. Possibly you could switch number 6 so it comes on last. This way you don't have two valves running at once giving number 6 all the time it needs to shut of...

Sunday, August 29th 2021, 6:19am

Trouble with 2 zones

I would read the directions to make sure the doubler is hooked up correctly. Maybe the old doubler wasn't hooked up right so you've duplicated their mistake.

Monday, August 23rd 2021, 6:29pm

Thumping Pounding in one of my sprinkler stations!

Did you do any modifications to the line on that zone? Like add a couple of extra heads or install new sprinklers that use more water? It could be that the demand for water on that zone is too great. Try turning some heads off to see if the sound goes away. Does the water line run through the house? Is it a long run from the valve to the sprinkler heads? Try turning the flow control down just a tad on the valve. I don't know if that will do anything but try it anyway. Too much water might be rus...

Monday, August 23rd 2021, 6:16pm

CP-100 Rainbird will not shut off, out of ideas

I don't know much about the idiosyncrasies of the CP-100. I never see it installed. But I have a couple of ideas for you Make sure the solenoid is snug clockwise. Did you install the spring when you changed diaphragms? Are you 100% that you're working on the correct valve? Does it shut off when you tap on it? There might be something inside the valve like a pebble or obstruction. Take the valve back apart and look for it. Flush the valve if possible. If you're not up to changing the valve, I wou...

Sunday, August 22nd 2021, 9:03pm

Washer / Gasket to purchase alone (and 16/18 wire)

Try Ace Hardware. I used to get them there. Especially the larger 1" cap washer. I can't get those anymore. They were made by Lincoln Products. Take the washer with you. Or, any sprinkler supply store will have those. Such as, Ewing, John Deere Irrigation, Site One. If all else fails, put 1/2" teflon tape on the threads. And the wire, The Home Depot will cut you any length you need. Sometimes they'll have precut stuff laying there.

Tuesday, August 17th 2021, 5:30am

Sprinkler Valve Whines When Flow Control Tightened

All valves will complain if you turn the flow control down too far. To adjust it correctly, turn the flow control down until you can hear it then back it off a bit. The flow control isn't designed to adjust the pressure. It controls how much water gets past the valve. "flow control" The valves are old. Maybe look into installing a new diaphragm.

Monday, August 16th 2021, 5:48am

Washer / Gasket to purchase alone (and 16/18 wire)

Are you talking about the anti-syphon cap washer on brass valves? I can't recall ever seeing a 1" washer on a brass sprinkler. But I no longer say that I've seen everything because I haven't.

Sunday, August 8th 2021, 8:09pm

dead zones

I worked on a Hunter Pro-C just a few days ago. It had an intermittent problem of working then not working. The first thing I noticed was the ribbon on the back of the faceplate was loose. So far so good.

Saturday, August 7th 2021, 6:46pm

dead zones

Ok you're gaining on it. Is the controller putting out approx 24 volts when the controller is on? If you don't have a multimeter you can use a solenoid. Touch one wire to the common terminal and one to the activated numbered terminal. Does the solenoid activate? Are the valves receiving the signal? See if the common wire has come loose at the controller and at the valves. Was any digging done where the wires might have been cut? Is there a spare wire that you can use to replace the common wire? ...

Saturday, August 7th 2021, 4:21pm

dead zones

Start at the beginning which is the controller. Is the controller putting out power when activated? Yes? Are the valves receiving power from the controller? Is the water turned on? Open a valve with the bleeder screw or by turning the solenoid. Do you have a master valve? Is there a rain sensor? I'm going to assume that the controller's getting power from the outlet. Make sure. The grass is brown so it would have taken a while for that to happen. The back up battery should have gone dead by now ...

Friday, August 6th 2021, 10:25pm

Can't find 11/4 inline electric valves inorder to get job of updating system with wifi controller .

I noticed myself that the 1 1/4" seem to have disappeared. I might have a case of them in my stock. I'll never use them. I'm very close to retiring. I'm too tired at the moment to go look. Will do tomorrow. I only commented so I wont forget. Cross your fingers.

Friday, August 6th 2021, 10:22pm

Valve company?

I'm thinking that it's this valve. Here's the diaphragm. Irritrol has two diaphragms that look almost identical. One has a bigger hole in the middle. Yours is the one with the bigger hole.