You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Saturday, March 12th 2005, 3:49pm

Author: sjag18

Lateral Line Drains

Thanks a lot for the information. I am using mostly Hunter equipment (I-20's, pro-sprays and SRV valves) and the manifold parts,ez-pipe and fittings from Rainbird. Hunter said it wouldn't hurt to use teflon tape on the lateral side of the valves, but they weren't really firm either way. I sure don't mind using it if it's the best thing to do. What do you think? On your installs, do you use the tape on the sprinkler ez-pipe fittings or risers or is that not necessary? Where exactly would I place ...

Wednesday, March 9th 2005, 3:57am

Author: sjag18

Lateral Line Drains

I'm getting ready to install a residential system next month. I live in Oklahoma and it does not freeze too hard here. I had planned on using drains (Blazing Products drains from Sprinkler Warehouse) in the lateral lines, but have gotten mixed opinions about this. Some local irrigation supply stores and contractors say to install the mainline 18" and the laterals at 12" and they will be fine (frostline is 18"). Others have told me to install the lateral lines at 12" and still use drains. I have ...