You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 5:55pm

Author: sanzen96

How to lay lines

it really doesnt make a difference when its a residential system. i have installed 1000's of jobs professionally for almost 20 years and i have never had a problem running a zone of sprinkler heads in on straight line. now for really long runs (600 ft or so) and for commercial applications, its wise to tee some heads off or double supply the zone. but if you are doing a 3-6 head typicall rotary zone, you wont have any problems assuming you have the pressure to run the 3 heads.

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 4:06pm

Irrigation System - Spring Opening question

if your system was installed last year, a good company would include a spring turn on for free the first year as any good reputable company does.

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 3:55pm

Blown Rain Dial

before you do anything, open up the panel. there is a ribbon cable that runs from the panel to the base (the part that is mounted to the wall with all the zone terminals in it) make sure that the ribbon cable is connected to the base. the panel disconnects from the base easily for easy panel swapping. make sure the ribbon cable is connected securely. also make sure that the 24v transformer is attached to the screw terminals in the base. they say 24v on them. there are 2 of them. also make sure y...

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 3:34pm

Battery Operated Contoller?

they have a variety of timers that run soley on batterys. the hunter hybrid is good, but check around.

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 3:32pm

Can't find valves

do the two valves that you found work? do the other six work? if all eight work, then there is no need for a new timer. if the two that you have found work only, then hook the other eight wires up to those terminals one at a time. if they come on......its not your timer. if the other six dont work when hooking them up to the two that do, you need a new timer. if none work, its either a bad timer or bad wire. most likely a wire problem if you have a "split" manifold. get a wire tracer, or hire a ...

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 3:22pm

Bad Water Hammer

there can be many reasons for this as the others have pointed out. i would suggest installing an "expansion tank" on the main sprinkler line in your house. this will usually reduce the "bang". also try what is called a "minitrol" in place of your blow out point on your system. these are usually 1/2 inch male threaded devices that can easily replace your blow out plug or hose bib where you winterize your system from.

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 2:08pm

dog proof sprinklers?

your best bet is to move the sprinkler out of the pen if possible. in my 17 years as a pro i have seen this often. the only solution is to move the sprinkler out of the pen, or run the sprinklers when the dog is inside. they do make brass heads but he may still break them off at the fitting. hope this helps

Friday, March 18th 2005, 10:46pm

lightning bolt

your timer is fried. buy a new one. i see it all the time. a pro-c is a good choice.

Friday, March 18th 2005, 10:42pm

Rainbird 5000 Disassembly

you say a prayer that that cheap 5000 will go back together and then God will show you that you should have bought a hunter.

Friday, March 18th 2005, 10:39pm

Adjustable Heads

hunter makes spray heads up to a 17' radius. or else go with hunter pgp rotarys and either put small nozzles in them and cut them way down or install low angle nozzles in them. they are the easiest nozzles to change. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, March 18th 2005, 10:33pm

Hunter I20

DO NOT get the stainless steel version of the i-20 unless you have at least 80 psi. the heavier spring will reqiure more pressure to pop them up. low pressure will make them leak around the seal. ive been a proffesional for 14 years and the steel i-20's are big problems. you will be using that 5 year warranty. plus the i-20's dont all come with "check-o-matics". these are just screens with a rubber stopper on it. you can buy these cheap and install them on regular trustworthy pgp's with ease!!!!...