You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Tuesday, August 9th 2005, 2:56pm

Author: btphelps

Dead patches in grass -- inadequate water?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RidgeRun05</i> <br />As far as nozzles go? What type of nozzles are you currently using? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Rainbirds (T-Bird T-40 Part Circle and Full Circle)

Monday, August 8th 2005, 10:17am

Thanks for the response! Yes, the pressure stays at 20 PSI. The pressure switch does kick on at about 40psi, but as it's filling the tank, it's not maintaining that PSI, and it continues to drop to 20 PSI. The sprinklers do run continually, it's just the heads lose about 1/2 their arc or spread. If I changed nozzles, what would this do? Reduce the amount of water a nozzle uses so the higher PSI could be maintained? Would I then just water for longer periods?

Sunday, August 7th 2005, 6:04pm

I have an area of lawn about 60x40 that has had a consistent dead patch in one area since we moved in 1 year ago, and now additional dry/dead spots have appeared. The soil is mostly clay. I aerated 11 months ago and again two weeks ago. I fertilized last fall, this spring, and again after I aerated two weeks ago. I am planning to reseed, but want to fix the problem first. 1) I think the zone may have too many heads. While other lawn zones have 6-7, this one has 10. The heads are Rainbirds (T-Bir...