You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Saturday, May 6th 2006, 3:50pm

Author: drhodes4672

Can't find valve box in ground

Hi SprinklerGuy, well, I've done that...called an irrigation tech in my area. In fact, I've called EVERY ONE of them within a 50-mile radius, but none of them will come out this far, so I'm left to my own devices. I asked a friend and found out that what I need is a "line detector" and the cost is @ $200+. I doubt if a rental place would charge that much for a days' rent. Will check into that though. Thanks for the tip.

Saturday, May 6th 2006, 1:16pm

Can't find valve box in ground

What tool would I use to find the valve box in the ground. We've found all the boxes except the last one and have searched in all directions from the zone next to it with no luck. Have even dug next to all the sprinkler heads in that zone trying to find the direction of the pipes to determine where it might be located. Help!

Saturday, May 6th 2006, 3:19am

Zone working no matter what!

Hi Tony, that's exactly what I'm thinking too, so I've bought a replacement valve and will be doing the troubleshooting today. Thanks so much for your help!

Wednesday, May 3rd 2006, 4:00pm

Zone working no matter what!

I have a water well that supplies the water to my sprinkler system. I have 10 zones and zone 9 is staying on all the time, even after I disconnected the leads from the Control Unit (which is Rainbird). The only time I can get zone 9 to stop is to throw the breaker on the well. My husband replaced the solenoid in the ground (where the valve is, I guess), but that didn't work. Could it be that the valve is stuck "open" and needs to be replaced? The valve appears to control both zones 8 and 9. The ...