You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Monday, June 19th 2006, 4:19pm

Author: IrrigationGod

PVC primer

Question: What is primer used for? A. to remove any dirt and grit from the pipe B. to make the two pipes fit together easier C. to remove the hard coat from the pipe D. to soften the pipe Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 6:53pm

Pump and Well Question

I took my irrigation exam recently and there were a few questions that I wasn't able to find in the books. Which type of pump has stacked impellers? What's the maximum suction lift for a centrifugal pump? What's minimum standard for backflow prevention? That might not be the exact wording, but does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Sam

Saturday, May 13th 2006, 5:55pm

Rotors vs. Popups

Wow, I don't know what to say. Are you saying to cut back the distance on a rotor so it performs like a spray head? I'm just spitballin, but I think that might be a waste of money. Hey, if you poke enough holes in your garden hose, you can run that at the same time as your rotors and sprays too.

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 5:44pm

Rotors vs. Popups

Well $hit for brains, you go ahead and keep doing what you're doing so professional designer/installers like myself can have a good laugh when we see jobs like yours. You seem like the type of guy who also thinks its ok to put spray heads and rotors on the same zone but thats a different subject. Take care and good luck, you're gonna need it.

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 2:15pm

Rotors vs. Popups

I guess you have no concept of even water distribution. The farther you go from the head the less precipitation you receive, so in order to have uniform coverage, head to head is necessary. Don't worry, you'll figure it out sooner or later.

Tuesday, May 9th 2006, 6:22pm

Rotors vs. Popups

Hey Wet Boots, just because you don't like to do things the correct way doesn't mean you should preach to others about doing the same. You should educate yourself a little bit so you'll know that even with modern sprinkler heads it is still necessary to have head to head coverage. You should leave the irrigation to the professionals. Thanks