You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Friday, June 2nd 2006, 2:13pm

Author: CarlF

Pipe & PVB size

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tom</i> <br />with a 3/4" supply, I'm guessing your designing for about 10gpm. I'd use 1" sch 40 pvc to your manifold, and copper pipe above ground to connect your PVB. This section of copper could be 3/4" or 1". <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Thanks, but what do you think about a 1" PVB? (since there is no...

Friday, June 2nd 2006, 2:10pm

Pipe & PVB size

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DOORZ</i> I would at least use SCH40 for your above ground connection, <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> I believe that Sch 40 PVC pipe should be used above ground, as it degrades in daylight. Thanks, Carl

Friday, June 2nd 2006, 5:52am

Pipe & PVB size

If I understand correctly, installing mainline pipe of larger diameter is better. I have a 3/4" supply line. I plan to lay about 35 feet of 1-1/4 PVC (Sch40) from the PVB to the manifold where the zone valves will be. Then I plan to run 1" poly pipe after the valves. Hopefully this is a good plan (?). My questions are about the PVB/pipe size. I intend to install a Febco 765 at the beginning of the main line. Is there a benefit to using a 1" PVB rather than a 3/4"? (Less pressure drop?) The 1" is...