You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 9:18am

Author: HawkFan

Street Frontage - Advice Please

Only problem with the middle is there is a gas line running the length. I think for now I'll stick with the way he has it. He's said he'd change it if I didn't like it or was having problems with it. Sounds like most here don't see it as a problem. Thanks for all the responses. I really do appreciate it.

Tuesday, July 18th 2006, 6:50pm

Oops...One quick question Beartooth. Are the curbs in the area where you installed sloped as I have described, or are the older style that seldom get driven on? Thanks.

Tuesday, July 18th 2006, 6:48pm

Thanks Beartooth. I was responding when you posted. Again, I really appreciate the quick responses. Isn't the web great?

Tuesday, July 18th 2006, 6:46pm

Appreciate the response. The curb is not very high. I would say 4 inches and it is sloped. They are not the curbs from years ago where if you hit it with your car you knew it. You'll feel a bump if you drive up on these, but it's not much. Without having a picture, I would say it's like a gentle 40 degree angle max from street to curb height. Not like the old ones that were 90 degrees. Is the contractor right that these things can be run over. Again, I don't want to paint a picture of this being...

Tuesday, July 18th 2006, 5:59pm

****o all. New to the forum. My system is being installed as we speak. Should be done tomorrow. When I got home, I noticed that the pop ups for the Street frontage (the grass between the street and the city walks) were located near the street curb instead of next to the city walk pointing back to the street. Our lot has sloped curbs, so it's not uncommon for a car to run onto the grass. Would it be better to have these placed near the city walk pointing towards the street instead of near the str...