You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

Saturday, March 24th 2007, 8:09am

Author: elbee

Valve problem

It was the common wire. I rented a circuit tracer and found where the wire had been cut. I was working on the pipes at the same time which is what threw me off. I thought it had to be related, but it wasn't. The gardener was digging out some plants and that is where the break was. The circuit tracer was a little difficult to use, but once I got the hang of it, it worked great. Thanks everyone for the input.

Wednesday, March 7th 2007, 8:56am

Valve problem

repost.

Wednesday, March 7th 2007, 8:48am

Valve problem

Ok. Here is another update. I was WAY off with what the problem is. There is a large part of the back yard that is not functioning. I thought because Valve 5 was not working it was the valve that powers the sprinklers that don't work. I was wrong. Valve 5 definitely doesn't work, but I have finally come to the conclusion that it probably worked at one time but is now obsolete. I consulted with my gardner and he showed me more valves that are up in the hill buried underground (6 of them). These a...

Friday, March 2nd 2007, 11:35am

Valve problem

I tried the fish tape, but it was not pliable enough. It wouldn't push past the first elbow. Do they make a snake that would be thin enough for a 3/4 inch pipe? Or can you think of something else I could try? Thanks!

Thursday, March 1st 2007, 6:51am

Valve problem

Here is an update. I figured out the first sprinkler in the zone that is not working and I took off the head and put a hose over it. I also undid the union to the valve to see if water would come out. The water came out of every sprinkler in the zone but not out of the pipe leading out of the valve. So I am pretty sure the clog is between this first sprinkler and the valve. Now I have got to get a hold of some fish tape.

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 7:33pm

Valve problem

I will try this and let you know how it goes. Many thanks.

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 7:36am

Valve problem

Thank you for your input. I think I am going to try the steel fish tape because I don't think I will find a snake that is thin enough for 3/4" pipe. After that I will probably call in a professional. I was also doing some research on the web and it looks like there is leak detection equipment that pro's use to find a leak or obstruction. Anyone familiar with this? Also, if anyone has a recommendation for someone in the Los Angeles area, that would be much appreciated as well.

Friday, February 23rd 2007, 4:39am

Valve problem

Nope. No water.

Thursday, February 22nd 2007, 4:41am

Valve problem

Hi Pete, It is definitely getting to the valve. When I undo the bleed screw water pours out of the valve. I also undid the union and water pours out of the valve. Also, the pipe that takes the water from the valve to the sprinklers is full (of water). Thank you for helping me to troubleshoot this!

Wednesday, February 21st 2007, 9:08am

Valve problem

Hi Pete, It turns out nothing was wrong with 6. I think I just assumed that everything past 5 wasn't going to work and I didn't test 6 as thouroughly as I tested the other valves. 5 is definitely not working and unfortunately that is the valve that waters the lawn and most of the hillside. It is the most important valve. Thank you for asking!

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 3:05pm

Valve problem

So, upon further inspection I figured out that valve 6 is ok. Valve 5 is now the only problem valve. I haven't snaked it yet, but I will let you know when I do. At least it is just one valve that is the problem, not 2.

Monday, February 19th 2007, 3:42pm

Valve problem

I had another thought. What about snaking the line? Would I potentially damage the pipe? I'm just thinking if I can get a snake in the pipes and hit an obstruction at least I will know about where to cut.

Monday, February 19th 2007, 2:29pm

Valve problem

The valve is definitely on the correct way. Would it be possible that PVC glue dislodged and clogged up the pipe? I recently replaced all the pipes leading up to the valves because about 3 of them were leaking at the T joint. I didn't think of this before, but could I have used too much PVC glue that affected the system in some way? I was really careful to make sure that no dirt was introduced into the pipes when I was making the repair. We do have a lot of trees. I am going to open the valve an...

Monday, February 19th 2007, 9:41am

Valve problem

Hi everyone, I purchased a new valve (not just the actuator, but the entire valve) and still nothing! I opened the bleed screw and got nothing out of the sprinklers, just the valve. What should I check on next to troubleshoot this? Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 2:30pm

Valve problem

Hi everyone, I have 6 sprinkler valves. Valves 1-4 are working normally. Valves 5 and 6 are not working. These are Champion valves. I called Champion and their tech support told me to open the bleed screw at the top of the actuator. He said if you open this screw, the water will flow automatically. I opened the bleed screw on valve 5 and 6 and water came out of the screw, but not the sprinklers. Just to compare, I opened the bleed screw on valve 4 and the water flowed through the sprinklers as I...

Friday, November 24th 2006, 5:30am

Need to change control valve

Should I even stay with Champion, or should I move to a better brand?

Thursday, November 23rd 2006, 7:10am

Need to change control valve

Hi all, We have Champion brass control valves. The one pictured is leaking terribly. I tried to fix it using a rebuild kit and ended up breaking it. Specifically, I broke off the brass piece under the cap that holds the white plastic plunger. So, now I need a new valve. Would you recommend buying another Champion valve since the rest of the valves are Champion? Or should I go with a better brand. If so, what are the best valves out there? I want the best quality. My other issue with getting anot...