You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Monday, August 20th 2007, 9:32am

Author: jjgriffmn

gate valve in basement leaks

Hi All- My Main shut off is a gate valve in the ceiling of my basement. I found out this past spring that my gate valve has a very small leak. I know this because when I started up my system this spring, I found out that my supply line had burst. (between the house and the main valve) I'm trying to fix the leaky gate valve in the basement prior to winterization, but for the life of me I can not get the valve open to fix it. Does anyone have any recomendations on how to open it. Thanks a lot, Joh...

Thursday, June 28th 2007, 5:38am

One zone won't turn off....another leaks!

Mine are jar top as well. They came undone fairly easily. good luck

Wednesday, June 27th 2007, 7:41am

One zone won't turn off....another leaks!

I had kind of the same problem. I had a zone that was always on while my system was on. When the system was through with it's cycle, it would turn off. I took apart a couple of valves to see how they worked, and I now had 2 zones always on. (My sprinkler guy thinks that I sent some debris down line when I took apart the stuck valve).....made sense. It soulds like your valve is stuck or clogged w/ debris. Take apart the valves in question. It may be stuck, clogged or damaged. Just put them back t...

Tuesday, June 19th 2007, 11:40am

sprinkler head stays up?

I'm sure there's an easy remedy for this? I have a coulple of sprinkler heads that stay up. I'm affraid I'm going to take one off with the mower. WD-40? Thanks a lot, John

Tuesday, June 19th 2007, 5:48am

5 zones and 3 valves?? am I crazy?

follow up I poked around and couldn't find the 5th valve. I called my guy and told him what was going on...I also had a break in one of my lines..(a small spring). He came over, repaired the line, located valve #1 (this is the one that worked) it was about a foot in front of the master valve....... He fixed valve #5, but I but he didn't dig up the valve.??? There was water around the main valve.......My thought is that he hooked up his compressor to the blow-out, and gave it a good shot??? Any t...

Tuesday, June 12th 2007, 10:19am

I figured that! OK, So I took apart the 3 valves that I have located.....and one of the valves was stuck! (now I know how they work!) so zone 4 is cured.... I can not find any valve box in the front yard.....THe front yard is where zone 1 & 5 are. 1 works, 5 is stuck open. I can't find them anywhere..... I thought I read that sometimes they just bury the valves??? If that's true, any advice on where I should start digging?? The main valve that comes out of the house is in the front yard as well....

Monday, June 11th 2007, 5:29pm

Hi, This spring when I started up my system I'm having some valve problems. When I turn on the system, zones 4 & 5 are on the whole time. They only turn off when the system is done. Does this sound like a clogged or stuck valve? The other strange thing is that I can only locate 2 valve boxes. One box has 2 valves the other has 1 valve. Can I have 5 zones with only 3 valves??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John from Minnesota

Monday, June 11th 2007, 8:09am

Hunter PGP leaking around the base?

Hi there- I have a couple Hunter PGP's that are leaking right at the base. (there's a pool of water around the base) Do the rotors just need to be tightened? Also, is there a special wrench that fits around the top of the base?? or do you just hand tighten them??? I was also wondering if there is an o-ring that could be replaced?? Thanks a lot, John