You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Friday, June 22nd 2007, 6:18pm

Author: huntMT

New System

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> It filled the 5 gallon bucket in 16 seconds which if my calculations are right is somewhere close to 20 gpm.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> You need to know or estimate at what pressure that 20 gpm is available and what pressure is needed at the spray head for your desired coverage area radius/diameter. <blockquote id="quote"><fon...

Monday, June 18th 2007, 3:16pm

New System

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">My second is for spray head zones. I am having trouble figuring how many sprays I can put on a 1" line.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> The Hunter design guide http://www.hunterindustries.com/Resources/Design/design_guide.html on page 6 recommends a max flow of 13 gpm for 1 inch poly or Sch 40 PVC and a max of 16 gpm for Class 200 P...

Thursday, June 14th 2007, 7:33pm

what is the optimum number for rotor and sprayers

The second contractor's 8-10 popups seems sparse, but without knowing the radius of the parts, that is a guess. IrrigationTutorials.com and the Hunter design guide might have some information helpful to you. http://www.hunterindustries.com/Resources/Design/design_guide.html

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 6:33pm

what is the optimum number for rotor and sprayers

Is there any more information you can provide? What size is the lawn?

Tuesday, June 12th 2007, 8:16am

Hunter pgp

If I am using 1 inch poly for laterals, 1 inch poly has a maximum recommended flow rate of 13 gpm or less. That would mean a maximum of 5 rotors at 2.5 gpm or 4 rotors at 3 gpm. More rotors would require going to either 1.25 poly or 1 inch Class 200 PVC. So if I want to use 1 inch poly, I need to check what pressure I have at 13 gpm or find gallons per minute at 50 psi. Both of these should be fairly simple to determine with a Tee, a pressure gauge, a ball valve and a bucket. Thanks,

Monday, June 11th 2007, 8:31am

Hunter pgp

Sorry, tried to edit the post above. The minimum recommended is 2.5 gpm, not 3.2 gpm. The 3.2 was the minimum for 29 ft max spacing. Thanks,

Monday, June 11th 2007, 8:27am

Hunter pgp

I had a couple of questions about the Hunter PGP rotors. The ADJ version seem cheaper than the 360. I would think the ADJ would be more expensive because of the extra mechanism that makes the adjustable? Or do most people simply buy the ADJ and leave them at the 360 setting, so Hunter makes lots more ADJ's than 360's? The site http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/sprinkler15.htm recommends avoiding nozzles sizes of less than 3.2 gpm @ 30 psi for full circles. According to the Hunter PGP red nozzle...