You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Sunday, September 16th 2007, 1:50pm

Author: lerissa

One zone not working

Hey, mrfixit: Thought I'd update you on my progress finding Orbit parts. I have not found a single store in San Diego that carries Orbit parts or will order them, and I didn't want to try to sort through the other parts to get the right ones. But actually, that is good news. Because when I called Orbit to order parts, they sent them to me for free! Amazing. This sprinkler system was here when I bought this place in 05, but the previous owners installed it sometime after their purchase in 01, so ...

Sunday, September 16th 2007, 1:32pm

how do I get the anti-siphon lid off?

Hi folks: I want to replace the seal carrier under the anti-siphon lid on my Orbit valve. The instructions say to "loosen" the lid - apparently it is supposed to come off like a jar lid. I can't budge it. Should I get a big channel-lock plier and go after it? It's plastic. I'm afraid I'll break something!

Sunday, August 5th 2007, 8:38am

One zone not working

Thanks, mrfixit! That diaphragm part is amazingly important, isn't it? I had a leaking valve elsewhere in the system, and called Orbit (they have very helpful customer service). They sent out a diaphragm and valve cap. It was an easy repair, and instantly effective. So I'll go for the diaphragm - and probably the valve cap at the same time. (And BTW, I did try the flow control ... apparently not the problem.) What do you mean by "the water you're hearing isn't at full strength"? How would I know...

Saturday, August 4th 2007, 8:25am

One zone not working

Rather than start a new topic, I thought I'd tailgate on this one and give you my specifics. One zone is giving me problems - I had it working last weekend, but it's not working now. * The other zones on that circuit function in both manual and automatic modes, so the controller seems to be working. * The zone consists of four sprinkler heads. At least one of them dribbles a bit when I turn on the water with the switch at the valve head (I forget what that's called - it's an orbit valve, and it'...