You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 2:57pm

Author: Timmer

I NEED help with my sprinkler heads

Duanelsandoval, If you water is rusty the heads could get "gunked"up or sand could be in there. I would try cleaning them.

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 2:46pm

Plug Minipaw temporarily? Add drip line?

Squidward I would take the minipaw out and put a Rain Bird 5004 plus with the shut off screw.

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 1:12pm

master control valve; several questions

The purpose of the master valve is: In the event of a stuck zone valve, the master valve prevents wasting water by shutting off main line water supply when the controller's watering cycle is complete. I put the master valve after the meter and before the backflow, but that's just preference. I use Rainbird parts but I would think the Hunters would have a spot in the controller to wire the master valve in. The conroller wiring slot might say "master, master valve or MV". I use them only when requ...

Wednesday, July 18th 2007, 6:43am

Valve Selection Advise

sunwriter, I have a lot of experience with Rain Bird valves. I generally use the Jar Tops or DV-100 series. I have had conversations with the Rain Bird rep about the Jar Tops and he said Rain Birds intent was for them to be the cheap, entry level valves but in failure testing, they actually outperformed the DV series. Better valves for a little less money is a good combo. The only thing that prevents me from exclusively using Jar Tops on residential jobs is the flow rate. DV's have a little more...