You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Wednesday, October 17th 2007, 6:54am

Author: jksdoc

gpm in pipe vs gpm in nozzles

Thanks wetboots, Im not really guessing. I have different zones, some 400ft some 500ft. I have plenty of head pressure. Could you address the nozzle part of the question please! Irrigational tutorial is not clear on this. Ive been through the whole tutorial. Thanks

Tuesday, October 16th 2007, 4:33pm

gpm in pipe vs gpm in nozzles

Please could someone explain the difference between gpm of a 3/4"pipe, and the gpm listed on the nozzles of rotors. For instance, I have 110 psi. and 11 gpm in 3/4 " pipe. I have long runs (400-500ft) between valves and heads. So I figure at least 70-80psi head pressure. But I don't understand the nozzles. The standard maxipaw(blue says 3.5 gpm. If I use 4 maxis in a zone, is that 3.5x 4= 14gpm? This cant be! Or do I match the gpm at the nozzle with the pipe gpm? Which would mean I could put #12...

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 10:41am

rbirds falcon 6504

I have an acre of lawn with 4-5 maxipaws per zone (3/4 in. pvc/valves). I dont have head to head coverage, but I have 110 psi in a 3/4in facet 10 ft from the valves. Unfortunately I do not know gpm yet. I have a couple of full sun areas that dont get enough water. My question is before I move a couple of maxis in a better spot, can I replace one maxi with a falcon 6504 to get more distance and coverage in that area? Is this impossible to know without gpm? Thanks

Sunday, September 30th 2007, 8:09am

presure loss per head

Thanks wetboots, could you please give an example so I can see the big picture? Thanks

Saturday, September 29th 2007, 2:34pm

maxipaw and pgp-atr

Thanks so much that did help.I just posted a new question, would greatly appreciate your input! Thanks again

Saturday, September 29th 2007, 2:30pm

presure loss per head

Could someone please explain pressure drop. I understand that if I have 50 psi at the valve, and with 3/4" pvc @5gpm there would be 1.45 psi loss per 100 feet. But say I have 200ft of 3/4pvc with 4 or 5 maxipaws spread, I get the 3psi drop from the pipe, but I dont know how to calculate psi drop from the heads?? Thanks tons

Friday, September 28th 2007, 8:35am

maxipaw and pgp-atr

Will somebody please tell me can I put a maxipaw and pgp-atr or any rotor on the same zone together? I notice the precip. rate favors the rotors over an hour period, but what about 15 min. Does the rotor travel back and forth 180 degree enough in 15 min. verses the maxi? Thanks

Monday, July 30th 2007, 1:06am

pgp-atr's

what kind of pressure 50? Are small nozzels 6,7. thanks

Sunday, July 29th 2007, 10:07am

pgp-atr's

I was wondering if pgp-atr's will give me little bit more distance than my maxi's. I dont know the pressure, but I have 5 maxi's per station, and they throw 30-35 ft. I noticed hunter shrub rotors have a bit more distance. Also, could maxi's and atr's be on the same station. thanks

Saturday, July 21st 2007, 8:50am

Impact vs gear driven

I have about 1/2 acre of lawn divided into 6 zones of 4-5 maxi's about 20 yrs old. just replaced two, but more are failing. Can I replace as I change out with gear driven, I guess the question is, can you mix the two in same watering zone?? Dont maxi's have more coverage in a 15-20 minute period? Also, does one take more or less pressure than the other? thanx