You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 2:54pm

Author: badsprinklers

how to conduct resistance test

jimmy, i do not have master valve but have a switch relay. do not see any loose wires. the controller is hard wired. all modules are same color (gray with black PCM-300)

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 2:51pm

controller or module or solenoid or wiring???

mrfixit, they are grey, approx the same color as the controller door. http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?6fae8d9079.jpg

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 5:22am

mrfixit, i have reset the system as you have described and get the same results. next, i have the newer pro-c with the lock. i also believe that 2 modules can not go wrong at the same time. lastly, i would like to add that it seems to me that it is possible to replace the base module. however i am puzzled that if the controller is not working correctly, why it recognizes and shows ALL stations? it also shows that zones are watering when i turn on to non-working zones. so, is there any litmus tes...

Friday, October 12th 2007, 8:28am

Jimmy, i performed both tests and here are the results. 1. test program cuts-off my pump for the non-working zones, but the timer is working fine. 2. quick test shows no error whatsoever. what is next? thanks.

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 3:18pm

mrfixit, appreciate your help. Now this is what i got after going thru some drills. * i have verified that only the base module has power and only those zones connected to it are working. i am glad to tell you that ALL of my zones work fine IF they are connected to the base module. * hence it seems to me that :- 1. pro-c controller/timer is working fine. 2. all solenoids are fine and 3. wiring is fine. Am i correct here??? * now, could it be the base module thru which everything passes thru? i ...

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 6:00am

hi, since last couple of months, on my hunter pro-c controller system some zones are not working at all. my voltage-measuring test shows - A. some non-working zones having 0 volts (in any situation). B. whereas one of them always shows 1.1 volts (whenever any zone is turned on) C. of course, as expected, the working base module shows the correct voltages. now i have two questions for you. first, i have read that it is better/more reliable to conduct resistance test. therefore would u plz guide m...

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 1:57am

hi mrfixit, thanks for your prompt response. let me respond by what i have already done so far. 1. everything used to work ok before (sometimes back though). 2. tested that transformer generates required voltage. 3. fyi, i use hunter pcm-300 expansion modules. now plz tell me :- a. how do you want me to unplug controller? i mean is there any on/off switch or do you want me to disconnect the three transformer wires (2 yellow and 1 green) from the controller or something else? b. what do you mean...

Wednesday, October 10th 2007, 4:55pm

hi, i have hunter's pro-c controller and i-20 sprinklers. my problem is only 2 zones (connected to main module) are working but the other zones are not. this is what i have done/found so far --- 1. manually i opened solenoids in those (non-working) zones which could successfully open sprinklers. 2. i measured volt at the controller and non-working zones show 0 volts. however, strangely, one non-working zone shows 1.1 volt. according to hunter, in this case it could be either bad controller or ba...