You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 6:09pm

Author: rob

4 Zones suddenly not working

Wire nut connecting power to valves 4-7 in valve box apparently came loose. Tightened it and all is working properly.

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 12:45pm

4 Zones suddenly not working

I have a 7 zone system with an Irritrol total control 9 station controller. The system has been working fine until today when zones 4, 5, 6, and 7 are not working (whether scheduled or run as single station). Zones 1-3 still work fine. Hard to imagine 4 valves going bad all of the sudden, is there some way to test the controller to diagnose the problem? I am running them manually right now by opening the valves in the box but hoping there is a solution to be found. Thanks.

Sunday, May 18th 2003, 1:57pm

Bad Valve - how to tell?

It is an Irritrol 2400T.

Tuesday, April 29th 2003, 11:33am

Bad Valve - how to tell?

Ok now I switched valve 6 & 7 and when I turn the water supply on zone 6 runs continuously while zone 7 stays off. Looks more and more like a bad valve / solenoid from the original zone 7. Agree? Thanks.

Monday, April 28th 2003, 4:36pm

Bad Valve - how to tell?

Irritrol Total Control 9 station. I disconnected the power and had the same behavior as before.

Monday, April 28th 2003, 11:40am

Bad Valve - how to tell?

I unscrewed, cleaned and reassembled. The problem still persists. I also noted this situation (I assume this was like this before). It is the zone 7 valve that runs continuously in the "off" position. If I turn this valuve "on" then zone 6 begins to run continuously even though the zone 6 valve is "off". All valves "off" - zone 7 runs continuously Valves 1-6 "off", zone 7 "on" - zones 6 & 7 run continuously Any idea why this happens?

Monday, April 28th 2003, 10:07am

Bad Valve - how to tell?

Does the diaphragm just screw off by hand, or do you need any tools?

Sunday, April 27th 2003, 9:16am

Bad Valve - how to tell?

The last couple years I have gone with my sprinkler companies annual plan which includes spring time turn on / check up and end of year winterization. This year I decided to wing it. When turning on my system this year everything seemed to work ok except that zone 7 (7 zone system) runs continuously. I have manually turned the valve to the "off" position but it still runs (it appears that when they winterized the system they left this valve and only this valve open). Is there a way to test this ...