Search results 1-3 of 3.

Friday, May 16th 2008, 10:53am

Author: patsweetpat

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions.

I really appreciate all the advice. Patrick Meighan Culver City, CA

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 12:42pm

I think drip might be a no-go.

Quoted from "HooKooDooKu" If you want it done on the cheap, what about drip irrigation tubes just running on the ground. It's definitly a DIY sort of project, and pretty cheap. Not to mention that I would think you would want drip irrigation for a garden. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure drip irrigation would be the right fit, though, as these'll be raised beds, 13 in all, with different folks, dealing with different and varying sun conditions, growing different veggies and flowers at di...

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 5:25am

Question: Irrigating a new community garden

Hey Sprinkler Talk folks, My name is Patrick Meighan, and I live in Culver City, CA (West Los Angeles). My neighbors and I are in the process of setting up an organic community garden in an unused space in the rear of our communally-owned townhouse complex. The puzzle we're currently trying to unlock is irrigation. Specifically, doing irrigation inexpensively. I thought perhaps someone here may possibly have some wisdom to share, so here's our sitch... We are fortunate enough to have access to a...