You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 3:48pm

Author: all wet

RE: valve problem

Quoted from "eeltail" I have a controller with an A and B schedule. A for the back yard and B for the front. I replaced three valves in the front yard with the water turned off (due to a broken valve) Once I turned the water back on to the front, one of the stations in the back yard came on. Can someone help? Sounds to me like you got some debris in the pipe when you replaced the valves in the front. Open the valve in question up and see if there is some debris in it. You may have damaged the d...

Monday, August 18th 2008, 3:07pm

Rainbird 5000 plus vs 5000

Dont plan on swapping out the nozzle. You'll damage the old one trying to get it out. Put in a new one which come w/ the new head. It's really easy and cant be screwed up unless there is dirt on the nozzle when you put it in the new head. The nozzles are made to mate in one direction/orientation only with the head itself, as opposed to PGP rotors which are a little more difficult.

Monday, July 7th 2008, 3:21pm

rain bird stp900i

You should get no less than 24 volts at the controller, however most will read 26-28 volts at the controller. Are you sure you are reading the meter correctly? The outside operation of the valves manually has no bearing on this reading.

Monday, July 7th 2008, 3:12pm

Sytem off of hose bib...yes or no

Bad idea. Too much pressure loss because of plumbing "detours" through the home not to mention volume issues due to corrosion inside the old pipe causing volume problems.

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 8:06am

RE: Cannot adjust Hunter I-20 Ultra Sprinkler Distance of Throw - Help!

Quoted from "lawnman" Hi! I have Hunter I-20 sprinklers in my lawn. I wanted to adjust the distance of throw of some of the sprinklers as we are planning on putting a playhouse in the back. I was able to adjust the distance for one of the I-20 sprinklers using the wrench key, but the wrench key does not completely go in the radius adjustment screw in another sprinkler for me to set it. Why is that? What can I do to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Get a squirt gun or shamp...

Tuesday, June 17th 2008, 6:48am

Timer runs but no water comes out

Did you check to see if the water supply to the system is on? We often find that lawn maintenance crews will turn off the water supply to cut the grass and forget to turn it back on.

Friday, June 13th 2008, 3:15pm

RE: spinkler rotation

Quoted from "georgegashun" How do I ajust sprinkler rotation pattern George Make and model would be helpful. Got a picture? You wont get any help without some more info. The manufacturers also have instructions on their websites which will really confuse you!

Monday, June 9th 2008, 2:57pm

RE: Raising Heads

Quoted from "Darrin" Currently all of my rotary heads are connected to a 3/4" male elbow so I am unable to use a cutoff riser to raise my heads. I would like to replace the male elbows with female elbows which would accept the riser and I can then adjust the height accordingly. The problem I am running into this time of year is that nobody around here has any more 3/4" elbows in stock. One possibility I came up with is to install a 3/4" to 1/2" elbow, and then a 1/2" to 3/4" cut-off riser. Am I...

Monday, June 9th 2008, 2:51pm

RE: normally open irrigation valve

Quoted from "fatnfur" Hi all, I need to set up 2 valves that would be constantly open and close when activated by the controller. Do I need a special valve? How can I make this work? Find an irrigation supplier in your area and ask them for a normally open valve in the size you need. They may have to order one, but they should be able to get one for you.

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 6:57am

RE: Clueless

Quoted from "Jack N" [attach]4[/attach] What is this device called, what is it's function, and how do I test it to see if it's working correctly ? I went to turn on my system today for the new season and this item was hemoraging severly out the top. After the 3rd try of turning the water on and off, it stopped hemoraging. It is a PVB and it keeps the non potable water (Sprinkler water) from contaminating the potable (drinking water) water. When you first turn on the water to the PVB, it is norm...